I suggest you ...

Make color schemes customizable

We are a large and varied group of users, and deserve a large and varied choice of colors.

113 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    montuosmontuos shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GLR444GLR444 commented  · 

@nicktalop Thank you! It looks much fresher and brighter than the old ones. I will use the Minimal theme now and do some changes, when I have time.

• Vaguely ArtisticVaguely Artistic commented  · 

@nicktalop thanks for the links to your great tutorial and theme,

• xurizaemonxurizaemon commented  · 

the 0.9 version i'm using has selectable colour schemes

• GLR444GLR444 commented  · 

Twhirl should offer a user surface which is less colorful, more like Toro or Friendfeed (simple, black & white), perhaps as default. I mean: more "professional" and less "playful". A really simple, classical theme would attract also another kind of users with a different taste. "Seagull" comes to this direction, but the contrast on the screen is not the best. I don't need the shades at all.

• KichigaiKichigai commented  · 

I agree, Twhirl needs themes. The current UI is, well, not pretty. Then I look at something like Twitterific, or Spaz, and I think "Damn, I want that!" but of course they don't have the features I want.

• themacmommythemacmommy commented  · 

I ran out of votes!! but color customization is very important and helps me visually sort things. Haven't seen this on the list yet, but I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to choose different color themes for my different accounts. I have a group account I share with our podcasting team members and also my own but it would be awesome if they each had their own color scheme!

• montuosmontuos commented  · 

Cool, thanks, hchorey! I think I can do that without breaking anything. :) It's still a pain, though, when you don't get immediate feedback if you typo a color code.

• Vaguely ArtisticVaguely Artistic commented  · 

And not just for aesthetic reasons I find the links very difficult to read, so if I don't immediately recognize a user icon or I want to see the date stamp it becomes an eye strain.This is one reason I didn't stay with twhirl the first time I tried it, but I really want to like so please consider this feature!

• hchoreyhchorey commented  · 

You can edit the xml theme files to make your own (that's how I made the Seagull theme). But yes, it might be nice to have a GUI to customize the themes, if it is light-weight enough.

Feedback and Knowledge Base