I suggest you ...

Ping.fm controls -- customize sites to post each update to

Ping.fm integration is why I'll continue using Thwirl as main Twitter client. But some tweets I don't want going to certain sites. It would be great to exclude a tweet containing an f-bomb from going to LinkedIn, for example.

131 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    irwebreport shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • scott commented  · 

Further I agree with the other posters that choosing the Default/Microblogs/Statuses/Blogs and custom triggers are important. It would be nice if we have chosen to have one of our account types as Ping.Fm, that twhirl reproduces the functions of the Ping.Fm web dashboard at the bottom of our twhirl window.

• scott commented  · 

I think it is a VERY good idea to provide even more Ping.FM integration. Right now Ping.FM support is almost hidden under the Twitter Service. I would suggest letting it be its own account type in twhirl and when it exists let us set it so Ping.FM is doing all of our posting to Twitter, Facebook, Myspace, etc.

• rickgamble commented  · 

I wouldn't even need the custom trigger support - just the out-of-box "@s, @b, @m" would be enough. I tried using @s to do a Tweet + FB status update and ended up sending a message to "s"... Whoops.

• allruiz commented  · 

@papadimitriou + 1

• zander commented  · 

What papadimitriou suggest would be enough for me day-one. Don't even mind if there isn't a "bypass" check-box. Just something to stop Twhirl sending retweets to Ping.fm

• papadimitriou commented  · 

Should integrate Ping.fm's custom triggers, but also user-defined exclusion rules: let's say that I don't want posts starting with RT being pinged, I should be able to exclude all posts starting this way in a list.

Better even: a "bypass" check-box near the entry text form: if suddenly a RT is considered good enough to be pinged, well, I check the box and bypass the exclusion rule I've set up.

• jfiorato commented  · 

jtretakoff - I don't think that's adequate. The power of Ping.fm is to post to different services, selectively. If the team puts all the Ping.fm functionality in the Twhirl text box, it would by far, make it the most powerful desktop client out there for status/micro blogging.

• jtretakoff commented  · 

Just exclude any tweets with Twitter-specific nomenclature, such as "@user" or "#subject" from going to Ping.fm.

• jonathan.jobe commented  · 

Currently my twhirl updates don't seem to be making it to ping.fm. I correctly input my app key... does it take some to activate?

• erraggy commented  · 

awesome speedy delivery of the Ping.fm integration folks! I too would like a means of controling what goes where in the update box. I wish I had an intelligent suggestion on how best to integrate it intuitively, but all I can come up with is: "i want some control(s) for how it will post to Ping.fm"

cheers,
        -- robbie

• zander commented  · 

For me it doesn't make sense for retweets to update my Facebook status and therefore I don't want retweets to be sent to Ping.fm in the same way @replies aren't. I originally raised this as a separate request but I guess the option I want could form part of this more general request.

• papadimitriou commented  · 

Integration of Ping.fm's custom trigger should be a priority.

• jfiorato commented  · 

The great thing about Ping.fm is the ability to selectively decide where a single status update/micro-blog post goes to. The ping.fm feature doesn't give us the ability to do that, yet. If you could set Twhirl up to use ping.fm ONLY to post updates, and then use the ping.fm custom triggers and "@" syntax, that'd be fantastic.

• thraeryn commented  · 

Adding Ping.fm integration to Twhirl would cement its long-term place as the client I use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base